~What You Can Expect From Us During Your Construction Process~
Prior to beginning construction, we get to know you and your expectations for your new home. We want to know how you expect your home is going to work for you. We will learn about your lifestyle and the things you find most important to you at home. We will agree together on what styles and colors best suit you. Then together, we will help you with any or all of the following:
- Find the property that will best suit your needs and budget
- Find an Architect or Residential Designer that is the best fit for your sense of style and budget
- Work with you and the Architect to develop a floor plan and exterior look that ensures you get the best value for your investment: suits your lifestyle, and uses materials, energy, and space in the most efficient way possible.
- Determine if procuring a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) report is a desirable option for your project.
- Design all of the interior space including; kitchen and baths (layout and cabinet design), tile design, flooring selections, ceiling designs, bath fixtures, lighting fixtures, finish woodwork and appliances. We help you understand warranty, maintenance, and other consumer feedback before final selections are made.
- Work with the design team to select all of the exterior finish materials, ensuring that you understand warranty, maintenance, Homeowner Association (HOA ) and current fire code requirements before final selections are made.
- Vicki will be your personal shopper and consumer advocate for material selection, as well as during the Construction phase.
- After the plans are complete, all phases of the project, from excavation to roofing and everything in between will be sent to subcontractors and material suppliers for multiple bids. Every single bid received will be provided to you and reviewed together to discuss the pros and cons of each option available.
- A complete spread sheet of all anticipated costs will be built to ensure that that cost for the completed home will be within your budget limitations.
- Suncrest will assist in procurement of a construction loan, if necessary, during this phase. We will produce all documents requested by lender necessary for their appraisal process.
- Suncrest will lead the effort to secure all approval processes: HOA, procurement of course of construction insurance, and green building certifications, if requested.
- All local building permits required will be secured through Suncrest Builders.
- All subcontractors will return our subcontractors agreement signed as well as provide their certificates of insurance, valid Nevada Contractor’s license number, and Federal Tax ID number before being given approval to start work on your home. These certificates are then checked bi-monthly to ensure currency.
- Your licensed Contractor, Greg, will be the lead Project Manager on your job to ensure that the work place is organized, safe, and all subcontractors complete the work that they have agreed to in a most timely manner. Greg will ensure that your project is ready for every tradesman when they arrive to work so that you do not experience unnecessary delays or cost during the course of construction. The buck stops with Greg for all scheduling.
- Any questions you have about work on your home will go to Greg.
- During the framing process, we will be walking the home together to dial in many of the home’s features that are difficult to nail down during the pre-construction phase, i.e. electrical outlets and switches, organization of storage areas, ceiling features, without concern for Change Order fees!
- Design oversight will be provided by Vicki. She will ensure that the design created during the design phase is being executed in real life just as you had seen in your mind’s eye, or you will know why. Any design changes desired can be made through job site meetings and written confirmation. No Change Order fees are every charged by Suncrest.
Throughout the course of the construction phase of your project our skilled office staff will collect all invoices from subcontractors and vendor to provide you with bi-weekly accounting through our in-house Voucher Control system. This unique system provides you with:
- Lien releases from all subcontractors and material suppliers
- Bi-weekly reporting of all monies spent on your new home project in relation to budgeted amount
- A final accounting for tax purposes, including sales taxes spent on project (ask your accountant about sales tax deductibility), will be provided upon completion of your new home project.
After You Move Into Your New Home
- We compile all the closing documentation to supply you with all the necessary warranties, and manuals.
- Suncrest will warranty workmanship for 1 year after the Certificate of Occupancy has been issued by your local building entity.
- In cases when issues arise with manufactured products, Suncrest will coordinate efforts with our material supplier and the manufacturer to seek replacement parts, service, or financial compensation, when warranted.
- We will be there when you need us for questions and/or concerns about how things work, what’s normal, and who to call for additional needs outside our scope of work, including great places to hike, ski, eat, and enjoy our beautiful Reno-Tahoe area.